Saturday, October 5, 2013

Today's lunch and game

Today's lunch was probably the most interesting and unique yet.  And it was surprisingly something we made at the house!  We had precooked and vacuum sealed ears of corn, soba noodles with guacamole, cherry tomatoes, and some nuts.

The corn was interesting to say the least.  First, being precooked it was not the greatest but by vacuum sealing it the corn got a warped looking like someone had suck the air out of each piece of corn so it looked deflated.  It was pretty tasteless but overall just the idea of corn was good enough for us!

Soba noodles with guacamole was a stretch though at first.  Kelly had made the soba noodles intending to put soy sauce on them.  But we didn't have any bread or crackers for the guacamole so it was either use the guacamole on the soba or eat it with a spoon.  Turns out soba noodles and guac aren't a bad combination! I dare even say I'd eat that again!


Marley, Kelly, and I played "Tracey is an Alligator" for close to 2 hours today! It consisted of him and Kelly going into the kitchen and closing the door, using it as an elevator, and then they would get off at different floors where an alligator was hiding.  I would jump out and chase him around with my arms out chomping at him.  There are only so many places to hide in the living room here and yet he never got bored.  My favorite one was when he got out of the kitchen and walked around trying to find me.  I snuck into the kitchen and hid.  Kelly said maybe there was no alligator on this floor and he should come back in and try another floor.  As soon as he closed the door i jumped out.  I've never seen his eyes and smile get so BIG!


No comments:

Post a Comment