Saturday, October 12, 2013

Food

Its interesting how words about food can allow us to anticipate what we are going to eat.  For example when Seth says he is making Japanese salsa I imagine tomatoes, onions, possibly corn, and a cold dish.  When he put the dishes on the table it had tomatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage, cucumbers, and avocado. It looked pretty delicious but when I took my first bite I realized it was hot and cooked! So everything was basically a mush of hotness.  Not salsa in any way!!

With this we had put a few baby oranges out too.  I thought since lunch was such a disappointment that a baby orange would help.  They were the size of the Cutie oranges back at home except the were completely green.  We had thought they were limes when we bought them but Seth said he cut one for dinner the other night and it was not a lime but an orange.  So I start peeling it, and peeling it, and peeling it.  After about 10 minutes with barely any progress made I guessed that it wasn't an orange.  It was almost impossible to peel.  When I finally got it peeled I tasted the fruit in question.  It was definitely not a orange! It turned out to be a lemon.  We ended up cutting it up and putting it in our pitcher of water!

This is a picture of a kids menu from a restaurant we tried this week.  Looks like something we would see at home


No comments:

Post a Comment