Saturday, October 19, 2013

Exploring on my own

Yesterday Marley took a nap around 1 o'clock.  Seth had just started teaching and Kelly was going to do some work while he napped so I decided to go for a walk.  I put my headphones in and set out to explore but with the hopes that I wouldn't get lost.  I headed towards the train station to see what else was beyond those roads.  I found an interesting tool shop with walls of nails, screws, hammers, and some fun insets carved out of wood and nails.

There was also a garden type of shop with knick knacks all outside of the shop.


On the next street I saw what looked like a house (or maybe a store?) with some fun door statues.  It looks like an old man wombat and a butt of some sort.



I mentioned in many of my bicycle rants how difficult it is to ride on the sidewalks because they are so small.  Now this is a particularly small sidewalk but the majority are not much bigger.  Look at the width in comparison to my feet.  And now imagine riding your bicycle on it and with either passengers or on coming bicycles!  And the cars directly next to you!




I found this little guy sitting at one of side streets.  He was so cute and I could hear him purring from far away.  Made me think of my Sadie!


The following are some pictures of the houses along my path.  Because spaces are so small here everything is compact.  They are able to fit so many things within the few feet they have.  There are often mere feet in between houses/apartment buildings and no area between their front door and the street.  Despite the lack of space they are able to fit in small playgrounds in the most unusual spots, like the corner of a busy street...









No comments:

Post a Comment