Friday, November 15, 2013

Visitors

Seth's contact at Tsuda college emailed him a few days ago mentioning that there were a few students interested in meeting Marley and possibly helping out after I leave.  It feels weird to think that I'm going home and they will still be here doing all of this without me haha

Anyways, they agreed that he, Kiofumi, would bring the two girls by today at 3:30 to meet and get to know each other.  We got home from school and had lunch.  A great combination of PB&J, miso soup, and baby oranges.  At this point Seth had to leave to teach and Marley looked exhausted.  Kelly debated putting him down to nap because they were coming at 3:30 but since it was only 1 o'clock she decided to.  He fell asleep by 1:30.  She came out and started some work while I read.  About 2:30 I thought I could use a nap and still had an hour before they came so I snuggled under the covers and closed my eyes.  Not 10 minutes later the doorbell rang.  I peeked out of my covers and gave a confused look to Kelly.  She made the same face back as she headed to the door.  At the door was Kiofumi and the two girls.  They were an hour early and Marley was asleep.  She politely mentioned that he was asleep and they just looked at us haha

So we talked with them for a few minutes before Kelly reluctantly went to wake up Marley.  He isn't usually in the best of moods after being woken up.  I made small talk with the girls until Kelly finally came back with Marley.  They talked with him for a bit and gave him some chocolate they had bought (that won him over!)  We asked them hoe to say certain words in Japanese.

We asked them how to say frog.  At the same moment they both responded with two different words haha it was the funniest! They looked at each other and then talked in Japanese before agreeing and telling Marley.  Overall one of the girls made a good impression and will hopefully be of help once I'm gone.


Here is a picture of how we know what to order.  Pictures are our best friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment